[vendtalk] National Convention

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 6 18:44:39 UTC 2009

Good afternoon Bryan and listers,

    As a matter of perspective it's equally true that people often decide
not to attend convention until the last minute when they should have made
hotel reservations long before the June 1st deadline. It's better to reserve
a room and hold it to pass to someone else should you find you are unable to
attend the national convention yourself than to simply let the room go.

    I've also observed that the number of persons wanting rooms is higher
than usual. Perhaps the national office underestimated the number of rooms
needed, but it's also our duty to heed the advice given by Dr. Maurer
concerning convention reservations and to offer the room to other attendees
should you be unable to attend yourself. JMHP.

Peter Donahue