[vendtalk] Talking credit card terminals

mazher at comcast.net mazher at comcast.net
Thu Jul 29 02:29:47 UTC 2010

There are two options that I am aware of:
1.  Hypercom Model No: T 7 Plus
(Science Products Catalog Number 1310)
This is a stand alone terminal and costs around $1,900This is available
through Captech and requires pre-installation of "Merchant Warehouse Credit
Processing Software".

Option 2.  A more integrated solution tied to a talking cash register.  Uses
data cap with requirement for Era 520 Sharp cash register.  Cannot remember
the exact cost of the package but it was quite prohibitive (around $5,000
when I last checked several months ago.
(Science Products catalog number for Data Cap: 8965)