[vendtalk] inventory scanner

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 17 03:40:22 UTC 2010

hi,

Thank you for the details.
I would like to hear about any of the adaptive tech that helps you manage
your facility.
I don't want to have a store but want to know so i can provide the right
solution for a man who has a store and has nothing other than a bill reader
and talking cash register.  He is doing everything by hand and customers ask
why he doesn't have any xxx which happens when you depend on poor vision and
you stock something other than expected.

He will be getting the Id mate and a computer and i found out that weekly
reports are to be calculated in pre-built excel sheets.

does it matter which model of the bar code scanner is used?
i found out that the omni has been ordered and the summit is smaller and can
assist with inventory numbers.
i can't see what it matters right now as neither one connects to a cash
register and you would end up slowing down purchases by scanning with the
summit and also punching the prices into the register.

Bryan Schulz