[vendtalk] Exciting Developments

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Mon Aug 27 17:40:38 UTC 2012

Greetings Team,

President Gacos asked me to send out the word of welcome and celebration.  We are excited to welcome a new affiliate.  Welcome to the Oklahoma Association of Blind Merchants! After full and fair discussion at the annual meeting of the Randolph-Sheppard Vendors of Oklahoma, this past Saturday evening, the group voted unanimously to sever their ties with RSVA.  They have asked for affiliate status within NABM and NFB.  We are excited to welcome this group.  This is just one more group who has come to understand that the old ways are now in the past.  The future is in a national, coordinated and progressive effort.  The future is all of us working together under the banner of the National Federation of the Blind Entrepreneurs Initiative and the National Association of Blind Merchants.

I hope everyone received the announcement about our joint effort with the Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors in late October.  More details will be coming soon!  Hotel reservations are limited.  You will be able to register online or by calling our office beginning September 10th.

As you know, we are here to be of service and expect the same of our members.  Please stay in touch with Nicky and myself and together we will continue to change what it means to be blind.

Welcome Oklahoma!