[vendtalk] Amazon Protest

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Mon Nov 26 18:45:40 UTC 2012

The President of the National Association of Blind Merchants, Nicky Gacos, has authorized the release of the following notice. Some of you may know that Amazon has built an initiative around their Kindle in the public schools. You may know that Kindles are not accessible. You may know that federal law prohibits schools to purchase technology which is not accessible. The National Federation of the Blind has attempted to negotiate with Amazon numerous times. Amazon has resisted our effort to collaborate. Therefore, the Board of Directors for the National Federation of the Blind has authorized a protest at Amazon headquarters in Seattle. The protest will take place the morning of December 12. I will be sending you specific details, however some of our leaders have asked Nicky to appropriate some dollars to send two or three of our members to this public protest. If you are interested in participating, please contact me by phone and/or email to discuss. We are also looking for parents and children who are most impacted by Amazon's failure to comply with the law. We know that some of our blind vendors might like to participate, but do not have enough financial resources. Therefore, we will try to provide at least some funding. I look forward to hearing from interested blind merchants.

At your service,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDBCF2.C07B8380]

Kevan Worley
Executive Director