[vendtalk] U.S. Mint Tests Cheaper Coinage, Seeks Minimal Effect On Vending

Vandervoort's vandervoorts at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 6 15:14:43 UTC 2013

Shop around.  I pay nothing to the bank to take my money.  I have heard of
others who did this, but I advised them to shop around for a bank that does
not charge.  One BET manager in town takes theirs to the main bank to a
special area where large commercial deposits are made, including the
offloading of armored cars, and uses their trolley to off load a lot of coin
bags.  Weight is not an issue, just that the bag is tied.  Then that goes
through a special trolley entrance and is counted.  You can wait or they
will mail a receipt.  Bills have to be faced and wrapped in 100 dollar
amounts (for ones).  Since I do not have such large coin quantities, I
deposit at a motor bank through a drawer and wait for my receipt.  The most
in any one deposit was probably 80 pounds or thereabouts.  Having a company
pick up your cash is expensive for more most managers and is used more as an
anti-theft & insurance requirement measure for most businesses.

Bottom line.  Shop around for a friendlier bank, if they exist in your area.

Mike