[vendtalk] Coffee Certification Training

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Mon Mar 18 20:53:39 UTC 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Renee Nevius
Manager of Special Projects
National Association of Blind Merchants
(866) 543-6808, extension 10
renee.nevius at worleyenterprises.com<mailto:renee.nevius at worleyenterprises.com>

National Association of Blind Merchants teams with NAMA to offer "Quality Coffee Certificate Program" at BLAST

Colorado Springs, Colorado (March 18, 2013) - Business Leadership and Superior Training (BLAST) Conference organizers announced today that they will be able to offer a special "Quality Coffee Certificate Program" on Monday, May 20, as a part of the Indy Super BLAST. This four and a half hour course consists of two parts: Brewing Fundamentals and Coffee Fundamentals.

According to Nicky Gacos, President, National Association of Blind Merchants, "This collaboration with the National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA) is yet another indication of NABM's role as a vending and concessions industry leader. That said, we know that many of our blind operators and state agency consultants are missing much bigger sales due to lack of knowledge in the area of office coffee service. The coffee industry continues to have amazing growth year after year. We want to make sure blind vendors have the expertise to grow their coffee business."

The course will be hands on and will take place from 10:30 AM until 2:45 PM, Monday, May 20. The program will fulfill the new requirements to prepare participants for the NAMA coffee certification. There are only 40 spots available for this dynamic, interactive course. NAMA has reconstructed the course specifically for blind vendors. Tasting, brewing, technical specifications, marketing and much more, all to help you profit by pleasing your coffee customer. Certification testing will not be offered, as it is optional. However, this course will prepare those who are interested in receiving certification.

"We developed the Quality Coffee Certificate Program for NAMA from years of extensive experience at the Specialty Coffee Association of America, where the emphasis has always been developing our senses to appreciate the distinct qualities of premium coffees," said Mike Tompkins, President, Coffee Products. "In the past 12 years, 1,000 participants in the NAMA program have tasted coffees from around the world and learned to distinguish the differences. Our participants have overwhelmingly agreed that this process has enhanced both their professional and personal appreciation for coffee beverages."

Register now at www.blindmerchants.org. Conference registration fee is $200.00, or save $50.00 with early bird registration before April 15, 2013. For assistance with registration and for further information, call 866-543-6808. Hotel rooms are available at the low rate of $124.00 per night plus applicable taxes. Room rates are effective from Friday, May 17th through Thursday, May 23rd. Reserve your room at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown by calling 1-877-303-0104, under BLAST 2013 or National Association of Blind Merchants. You can also reserve your room online by visiting https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=9700023.

###

About National Association of Blind Merchants
The National Association of Blind Merchants (NABM), a division the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), is a membership organization of blind persons employed in either self-employment work or the Randolph-Sheppard Vending Program. We provide information regarding rehabilitation, social security, tax, and other issues which directly affect blind merchants. NABM serves as an advocacy and support group.

At your service,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDBCF2.C07B8380]

Kevan Worley
Executive Director