[vendtalk] thoughts

Dennis Horn dhorn12 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 19 20:08:14 UTC 2014

To Whom It May Concern:

My understanding is the Blast went very well and everyone had a good time.
Unfortunately, a friend and I were unable to attend because of a medical
emergency.  We registered and paid well before the event and were looking
forward to attending our first.  But, in October, she injured herself and
was not going to be able to attend.

So we cancelled and requested a refund.  The woman who answered the first
call said she would have to consult with her superiors to find out how
refund requests were handled.  She never returned our call.

I have attended many conventions in my sighted life and, while I never
requested a refund, the policy toward refunds was always detailed in the
literature.  Upon checking, we found this was not the case with Blast.

After a week my friend called again and left a detailed message.  Again, no
response.

With three weeks to go until the event my friend called one more time.
Again, no answer, no response to the detailed message left.

Finally I spoke to someone who happened to be close to the organizers of
Blast.  He told me not to worry he would make sure we got our money
returned.  I thought the issue was resolved.  If the check is in the mail,
it is still there.

The point here is the professionalism of the event organizers-the very point
on which they base their event.  There is none.

I am sure they would welcome my resigning from everything associated with
the NFB.  I have seriously considered this.  At one time I was one of the
largest donors to the NFB in Central Florida.  But I cannot do it anymore.

I will not resign, however, because the essence of the NFB is still pure.
That purity has just been sullied temporarily.  Hopefully, this will be
taken care of by right-minded members.

Dennis Horn

President

Blindster Refreshments