[vendtalk] Entrepreneur of Excellence Certification Qualification

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Thu Feb 6 19:08:32 UTC 2014

Greetings-

We are excited about the buzz created by this week's announcement regarding our partnership with Hadley's Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship (FCE). We note that a few Randolph-Sheppard operators have already signed up for these courses. Our National Association of Blind Merchants office has received a number of calls about the program. We encourage State Agencies to begin suggesting this curriculum to operators and students who are pursuing a license. Remember, this is online training. Hadley has earned the reputation of excellence in providing this type of online continuing education. These classes are meant to be taken by blind and visually impaired individuals who already have the skill set to use online services. Operators can sign up through the website.

Because blind vendors are already certified as legally blind by the State Agency, Hadley will not need to require a statement from a physician attesting to legal blindness, which is the usual procedure to qualify for Hadley services. If students have difficulty using the online interface or if students or State Agencies have questions which cannot be answered using the website please call Student Services at 1-800-526-9909. You may tell the Student Services Representative that you are calling about the NABM Entrepreneur of Excellence curriculum.

Thanks. We are very proud to continue to be the industry leader in partnership with Hadley.

At your service,

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CF2334.23E6BEF0]

Kevan Worley
Executive Director
National Association of Blind Merchants
kevanworley at blindmerchants.org<mailto:kevanworley at blindmerchants.org>
866-543-6808

Wondering what to do with your old car or truck? Donating your vehicle to the National Federation of the Blind is convenient and may qualify you for a tax deduction. Call 1-855-659-9314 or visit www.carshelpingtheblind.org<www.carshelpingtheblind.org%20> Your donation can take the blind further