[vendtalk] Need cheap bill sorter

Vandervoort's vandervoorts at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 30 02:29:10 UTC 2014

I do not know of anything cheap that can sort through a stack and pull out
the odd, other-than-$1 bill.  My bank recently installed new counting and
sorting equipment that can handle the occasional mixed-in $5 or $10 bill in
the stack of ones.  1In fact, they can handle the bills without being faced.
I have not done that and prefer to do it the old-fashioned way. But I heard
others have stopped worrying about it and just do a physical bill count
before deposit.  This means that the only currency deposit number the bank
will give is either the same as your count or maybe a little higher due to
the occasional higher valued bills.  Of course, if you have a lot of $5s or
$10s then it could be a real problem.
Sorry this does not help you.

Mike Vandervoort