[vendtalk] Hello and an Intro

James T. Chinn chinnj001 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue May 13 07:21:46 UTC 2014

Hi  Jeff,
     As with most of the blind vendors ih Hawaii's BEP, I had to wait my
turn to get my " foot-in-the-door" to begin my journey as a certified blind
vendor.   After one and a half years of working for another blind vendor as
I was waiting for a vending stand to become available to me,  I finally go
one.  It was in a State building on the 3rd floor that did not allow for
much walkin customers but it gave me the chance to practice vending and
cooking skills.  I was there for 10 years and really enjoyed being able to
meet and serve new customerws and to learn about working with all sorts of
people.  Although it was a small stand that only generated a small amount of
revenue, it was a good training ground for the future.  Do not be afraid to
the business110 percent because it will make aperating your next stand that
much easier and better.  Try to work you was into food service for  the
military.  This can be very rewarding but it takes a lot of learning to find
out who to partner with and how to work with lots of
employees.
     As for you second question,  try to get involved in the running of your
BEP and always try to work in the best interest of your fellow blind
vendors.
Aloha,
James