[VendTalk] Interviewing panel

ebirm18 at wowway.com ebirm18 at wowway.com
Tue Aug 25 21:25:45 UTC 2020

In Illinois with our new rules, the selection panel consist of 5 people. The Supervisor of Personnel and Training, a VR councilor from rehab, and 3 blind vendors who have been trained in the selection process.  The Committee Chair and the Supervisor of Personal and Training discuss and eventually agree on who sits on the Selection panel.
The high  and the low scores are thrown out and the remaining 3 are averaged to give the candidate his score.
This discourages any panelist to either spike a score high or low. If there is a tie, the vendor with the most seniority is awarded the facility.

We tried to get the VR Councilor removed from the panel, but the SLA wouldn't allow it.
All Vendors and VR councilors have to go through training before they are allowed to sit on a selection panel.
Hope this helps.