[Wasagdu] my dog is not human

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Fri May 29 21:05:10 UTC 2015

"My Dog is NOT Human"

By Bob Perks

Okay, I want to settle this once and for all.

I see much discussion on the internet about whether dogs are really people.

Often times people feel that their dogs are exhibiting human qualities and
traits.

I will admit that I was caught up in this foolishness, too.

After much research I finally have come to the conclusion that "My dog is
NOT human."

Please don't try to convince me otherwise.

Don't start sending me your  video clips and recent studies either.

I am a sensitive, caring man and have over recent months experienced the
loss of two of my three dogs.

At the time I was convinced that I had lost two of my best friends.

I went into deep depression and it took many weeks to accept this.

But they were dogs.  "Best friends" are meant to be people.

So, how did I come to this conclusion?

Simple.

If I have a bad day, my dog doesn't care.  I can walk in the door and he
will greet me with all the enthusiasm he can muster.

He never carries a grudge.

What human does that?

If I am upset and yell at him, his ears go back and he can feel the anger,
but immediately within seconds, his tail begins to wag and he wants to go on
as though nothing is wrong.  Within seconds!

What human does that?

If I am suddenly overwhelmed with life and begin to cry, he senses it and
doesn't tell me to stop, or "get over it!"  He approaches carefully and
climbs upon my lap.

At the first opening he kisses me like I had been gone all day and he is
happy for my return.

What human does that?

If I am broke and my bills are piling up, He doesn't love me any less. His
commitment to me is constant and without change whether I am rich or poor.

What human does that?

I can live in a castle or a cardboard box and he would be content  just
because I was there with him.

If I must travel and he is left with others, he doesn't get mad because I
didn't take him with me.  All he cares about is that I came back.

If I have the flu he doesn't stay away fearing he might catch something.  He
remains by my side no matter what.

The world could hate me and he would not care, for he loves me for who I am
to him, not by world standards.

If he is sick he comes to me because he knows that I care enough to help
him.

When the time comes and he is old and can no longer run, play, or follow me
from room to room, he will let me know that it's time for him to go.

He will trust that I will make the right decision no matter how painful it
is for me.

He completely, without question trusts, without conviction loves, and
without formal, legal, contractual obligation stays.

It truly is an unspoken vow, "to have and to hold, from this day forward,
for better,for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to
love and to cherish, till death do us part"

What human does all of that?

No, my friend.  My dog is NOT human.  I wouldn't want to insult him by
saying so.

He is far better than that. And I am far better because of him.

When all else have gone, when everyone has given up on me...he remains.

I ask you, "What human does that?"

"I believe in you!"

Bob

Becky Frankeberger