[WesternWayneMI] some information from our state president, Michael Powell

Ather Jammoa atherjammoa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 19:13:11 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,
Here is all of the information that Michael promised to send to me. I
am including it in one big email, with some explanations where
required. Please let me know if you have any questions.

If you want to contact someone about accessible voting:
Dave Foster Ombudsman Accessible Elections
Email: MDOS-ADAVoting at michigan.gov
Phone: (517)335-2730.
He recommends that you email him first rather than call.

As Michael also reminded us, October is Meet the Blind month. Below is
information on how you can send your donations to the NFB.
Send check to:
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230.
Donate online at:
nfb.org/donate.
Donate by phone using credit card by calling:
(410)659-9314
Press 4 followed by 1 to give a gift.

LYFT is offering live coupons for voting available starting October 15
through November 3.
Our ride share partner is providing us with general coupons worth $20
per user to assist getting people to voting location. Must use
sparingly so only request if you have a real need and are a LYFT user.
Contact Michael Powell and he will provide you with the code.
You can contact Michael at:
mpowell7583 at yahoo.com

Michael also told us during our last chapter meeting that there is an
Omniballot demo for Michigan coming up. It will be held on October 12,
at 8 PM EST.
Zoom link:
https://democracylive.zoom.us/j/99251593125?pwd=V1BZUGZVZGFNOU9NTUx4ZDMvalNldz09
Meeting ID: 992 5159 3125
Passcode: 333983
Note: you will not need the meeting ID or passcode if you use the
link. You will need it however if you plan to call in. You can use the
number to call in that you use for our Zoom meetings, but you will
need to use the above ID and passcode to go to the omniballot demo.

I have not yet received anything about the test call for state
convention, but will keep everyone informed in regards to that unless
someone else finds out something first and sends it to the list.
Thanks and take care,
Ather