[WesternWayneMI] Greetings Federation Friends,

donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 05:10:13 UTC 2024

This weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count at Camp Tuhsmeheta. The
deadline for registration was February 2, but, I have had cancelations so if
there is anyone who wishes to attend then please contact me. I am attaching
the schedule and below is the letter that I sent to participants.

Thanks, Donna Posont

Hello Bird Brains,

Thanks for agreeing to join us for the Great Backyard Bird Count weekend at
Camp Tuhsmeheta. Attached you will find a copy of the agenda and hopefully
you will enjoy participating in activities. We will be staying in heated
cabins with indoor plumming. There is a short walk to the main building
where we will dine and have most of the program items. We will need to go
outside for at least fifteen minutes per day to count the birds that we hear
and submit our data to Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Feel free to bring any
blind friendly games or cards, snacks to share, and prizes if you wish to
contribute to the Jeopardy presentations.

You will need to bring bedding, towel though showers are optional, and your
toothbrush. There is no snow accumulation predicted, but snow flurries will
be around so you probably want to bring warm boots. Since the highs and lows
will linger in the twenty degree range lots of warm clothes, scarfs, hats
and gloves are recommended. If there is enough snow we will make snow ice
cream for a delicious treat. You may come any time after 3p m Friday, the
sooner the better, but there will be a sack supper waiting for you whenever
you arrive. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me at
313-220-8140.

Love, blessings, and safe travels,

Donna Posont