[Youth-outreach] State and Regional Youth SLAMS`

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Aug 11 01:39:55 UTC 2009

On the other hand, with great respect, I would opine that trying to get
said youth *away* from those overprotective parents for a few days is
partly what this is all about and that's harder to do when one is close
to home. Also, I suspect that a fair number of affiliates don't have the
resources to foot most of the bill of a local "youth slam" event so
either HQ will have to substantially subsidize such events or the local
affiliates will have to come up with hard-to-come-by funds to make local
events fly.

Mike Freeman