[Youth-outreach] Delaware Back to Basics Workshop

Catherine Newman nabs_delawaredivision at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 14:01:27 UTC 2011

Dear Youth Coordinators,
Just wanted to share how our “Back to Basics” workshop went this Saturday in
Delaware.  We had two workshops going on at the same time and our affiliate
members also attend.  In the morning we had a Braille Workshop a long with a
Basic Dinning Etiquette. At lunch we practice the skills we learned during the
dinning etiquette. (the formal dining lesson plan was used and it was very well
done from the NFB).

In the afternoon we did labeling and organizing we used three tables.  The first
table had ways you could label different items in your household from the
kitchen to your medicine. The second table we began a phone book in Braille, the
three table did the different techniques for organizing and labeling your
clothing. We did this rotation of tables in thirty minutes (just a note you need
an hour at each table).

The last workshop was a diabetes workshop and basic computer 101 technology.

Hope this gives you some ideas for your next convention workshop day or just
organizing something for your youth. If you need any more information please
feel free to contact me of line at nabs_delawaredivision at yahoo.com or my phone
numbers.

Sincerely Yours,
Catherine Newman