[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] taTBAG, Solar System

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Tue Dec 28 11:57:50 UTC 2010

  excerpt
text to , pdf,
The Solar System A Tactile Representation

National Aeronautics and Space Administration The Solar System A Tactile
Representation By: Dr. Cassandra Runyon and Dr. David Hurd Tactile
Illustrator: John Matelock www.nasa.gov

A Tour of the Tactile:

Welcome to a walkthrough of the Tactile Guide to the Solar System.
Follow along with
your fingers as we explore. The foldout describes a scale model of our
solar system. It
is often hard to show both scale to size and scale by distance because
the sizes are so
different and the distances are so great that it is difficult to combine
the two. So we
have separated them out into two tactiles. You will find comparative
distances from the
sun along the bottom of the foldout spanning both pages, and planet
sizes on the right
hand side of the foldout.

http://www.pdf-finder.com/The-Solar-System-A-Tactile-Representation.html

picture
Tactile BookClearvision's initiative the Tactile Book Advancement Group
[TBAG] offers advice and information on producing, using and creating
tactile books.http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttge/5077923398/
http://www.tactilebooks.org/index.htm
http://www.clearvisionproject.org/tactile.asp

booklet downloadable pdf
Telling stories through touch
http://www.tactilebooks.org/making/telling-touch.pdf

Making a Fabric Book (Word 48KB)
http://www.tactilebooks.org/making/Making_Fabric_Tactile_Books.doc

Prizewinning tactile books
http://www.tactilebooks.org/competition/index.html

siteSTORY BOXES: A HANDS-ON LITERACY EXPERIENCE

*http://www.e-advisor.us/storyboxes/index.php?fontsize=normal&hicontrast
*

http://www.e-advisor.us/storyboxes/what.php?fontsize=normal&hicontrast=

http://www.e-advisor.us/printbraille.pdf