[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] color blind artists,

Lisa Yayla fnugg at online.no
Mon Dec 17 04:38:05 UTC 2012

   Jersey colour blind artist has first exhibition

A colour blind artist from Jersey has opened his first exhibition as
part of the 175th anniversary celebrations of a St Helier department store.

Jason Gautier has been painting since he was a child but has had to
adapt and "be creative" with colour.

He said: "I have a strong mixture between red and green. For some pinks
I can only see grey or if it is too faint I can't see it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-17311409

Visual Art for the Visually Impaired by Roy Nachum
One of the most popular signs in the art industry is ''*DON'T TOUCH*''.
According to our experiences, we've definitely been warned and hissed
at, at least once in our lifetime by a guard at an exhibition not to
touch the artworks while visiting a gallery or museum.

http://yatzer.com/Visual-Art-for-the-Visually-Impaired-by-Roy-Nachum

  The Best Film of the Year Didn't Need Talking. Do Video Games Need
  Graphics?

The Best Film of the Year Didn't Need Talking. Do Video Games Need
Graphics?
<http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17eto4t9sfr3gjpg/original.jpg>Last
night at the Academy Awards, a silent film won best picture. Michel
Hazanavicius's /The Artist/, a movie about silent film star George
Valentin, is itself a classic silent film---for the most part, it has no
sound effects or dialogue, just music and on-screen action.

Several new video games like the Move-enabled competitive game /Johann
Sebastian Joust/ and the audio-only shooter /Swamp/ have eschewed
graphics entirely. As /The Artist/ reminded us, a film does not need
spoken dialogue to qualify as a film. These new games raise a similar
question: Despite the "video" in the moniker, do video games really need
graphics?

http://kotaku.com/5888725/the-best-film-of-the-year-didnt-need-talking-do-video-games-need-graphics/

Color blind artists

To all those who are color blind and paint, this is a page where you can
join me to show our art and let people know that, even if we don't
perceive colors the same way as others, our art is vibrant, colorful and
worth showing.

http://fineartamerica.com/groups/1-color-blind-artists.html

Organizations for Blind Artists
<http://www.fredshead.info/2012/08/organizations-for-blind-artists.html>
If you are an aspiring artist or know someone who is, there are some
great resources out there for artists who are blind and visually
impaired. Here are a few of them.
http://www.fredshead.info/2012/08/organizations-for-blind-artists.html

International collaboration project between blind photographers at
Contemporary Art Exchange

http://www.artdaily.com/index.asp?int_sec=2&int_new=56966

Natural Canvas: Haines City Man Uses Palm Fronds as Foundation for His Art

Marc Pletcher always knew he had a knack for drawing. He had enjoyed
drawing since he was a kid.

But in February, he was working on a project for his wife that required
not only sketching, but painting.

Suddenly, the color-blind artist became a painter.

http://www.newschief.com/article/20120820/NEWS/120829951