[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] SPOTLIGHT: Blind ISU professor teaches chemistry

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Thu Jun 13 06:50:29 UTC 2013

excerpt article

SPOTLIGHT: Blind ISU professor teaches chemistry
When one of Cary Supalo's students says a chemistry problem is too
difficult, he has a standard reply that usually stops them cold.

"My being the blind guy," he tells them, "if I can do that, you can do
it, too."

Supalo is an assistant professor at Illinois State University who has an
Indiana-based business that sells adaptive equipment for the blind or
visually impaired.....

Before Supalo attended college, he hated chemistry.

"I wasn't allowed to touch anything in high school," he said. But that
didn't stop his thirst for knowledge.

"I just love learning. Learning is my passion," he said. And science was
one of the things he wanted to learn.

http://www.necn.com/04/10/13/SPOTLIGHT-Blind-ISU-professor-teaches-ch/landing_scitech.html?&apID=31a54d2327e14703b1d66d0ce80a4f81