[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Forwarding: New DIAGRAM Webinar: Accessible Interactive Widgets
Lisa.Yayla at statped.no
Wed Jul 23 05:41:29 UTC 2014
forwarding email from Julie Nobillt,
Community Manager, The DIAGRAM Center
Title: New Models for Creating Accessible Interactive Widgets for STEM Learning<http://blog.diagramcenter.org/?p=1592>
Date: Thursday, August 7, 2014
Time: 11:00 a.m. Pacific (2:00 p.m. Eastern; 19:00 GMT)
Presenters: Kyle Keane, Wolfram Research, and Madeleine Rothberg, National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM, WGBH)
Are you a publisher, UX designer, accessibility researcher, or developer who has wondered whether it is possible for interactive graphics to become effective learning tools for learners who rely on screenreaders for access, especially in the STEM classroom? In this webinar, presenters will discuss:
* Results of DIAGRAM research into current best practices for making dynamic scientific graphics accessible to persons with print disabilities.
* A framework that describes the information flow in interactive widgets and a set of guidelines for providing this information to users.
* A freely available working example to aid content creators in the implementation of guidelines, including a walk-through of the working example and its source code.
* Examples of interactive widgets currently available from Pearson and others.
* The wide range of widgets being delivered in new K-12 assessments and the accessibility challenges they create.
You can see the full webinar description and the registration link at the blog posting here: http://blog.diagramcenter.org/?p=1592 The session will be recorded and the slides will be posted on the DIAGRAM Center web site at http://diagramcenter.org/webinars.html
-Scanned by Exchange Hosted Services-
More information about the Art_Beyond_Sight_Theory_and_Research