[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Fashioneyesta

via Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research at nfbnet.org
Fri May 30 09:10:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

A really fun blog, Fashioneyesta.  Information about the blog;

"Fashioneyesta is an online Fashion and Lifestyle resource for blind and
partially sighted people.

Allow me to tell you a little more about myself. I am currently studying
for a degree in English Literature at Goldsmiths University, London that
I received a full scholarship for. I have lived in South East London my
entire life home. Naturally, I have been cultivated to know my way
around markets, vintage shops, and where to find the best places on my
home turf. I am currently working as a Journalist on the /Huffington
Post UK /and working at my University as a paid /Student Ambassador./

Fashion has always been a huge element of my life. Growing up, I was
inspired by old Hollywood films and their captivating style icons such
as /Audrey Hepburn/ and/Grace Kelly./ The fashion houses, vintage stores
and many delightful chic-lits inspired me to become more involved into
the history and the beauty of fashion. By the time I was fourteen, my
mother had bought me my first designer bag and then the rest is History.

I would describe my style as feminine, with exotic flares, vintage
twists and a lot of costume jewelry. I change my look depending on my
mood, one day I may step out in an Oriental inspired outfit. Or another
day I may wish to go full out Vintage with Victory Rolls and a 1940s
inspired tea dress.

Of course, you may be wondering why I set up the blog for Visually
Impaired people. For one, I myself am Visually Impaired, I have a
condition known as Septo Optic Dysplasia. The condition has disabled my
Optic Nerves, leaving me with no sight in my right eye and ten percent
central vision in my left. However, in the course of my life as I never
allowed my disability to hinder my love for fashion.

Now, with my beautiful Guide Dog, Unity, in toe, I am out exploring the
wide world and expanding my blog. A blog that I hope will inspire other
visually impaired people to explore fashion, old and new, to find their
own unique style."

http://fashioneyesta.com/about/

Interview with Kimberly Burrows, RNIB's illustrator of the year
http://fashioneyesta.com/interviews/an-interview-with-kimberly-burrows-rnibs-young-illustrator-of-the-year/