[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Fragile vision, St. Augustine Art Association, color blindness

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Thu Nov 13 12:45:33 UTC 2014

St. Augustine Art Association seeks 'touchable' art
http://staugustine.com/compass/2014-09-19/st-augustine-art-association-seeks-touchable-art#.VGShLWd0xaQ

Blind Saudi sculptor to exhibit work in UK
http://www.arabnews.com/news/631426

  /Rachel Gadsden/

Rachel Gadsden is a unique and exciting visual artist who creates
dynamic work and leads a range of national and international
participative programmes.

http://www.disabilityartsinternational.org/artists/profiles/rachel-gadsden/

Brave patient's art of survival
http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/brave-patient-s-art-of-survival-1-6849043

Will Cyborgs Turn Art into a Supersensory Futureworld?
<http://www.psfk.com/2014/09/will-cyborgs-turn-art-supersensory-futureworld.html>

http://www.psfk.com/2014/09/will-cyborgs-turn-art-supersensory-futureworld.html

  'I try to assign a face to emotion'

Do you feel limited as you cannot see most of the colours?

Being able to see only a limited palette has actually ushered more
freedom. Like, one cannot be lost in his own home no matter how small or
big it is. I am at home when I spot yellow. The feeling when I see this
colour in the set is similar to spotting your best friend in a strange
city! I am only partially colour blind, not fully, and that is where all
the drama unfolds. It would be right to say that more than colours, my
interest is in processing emotions differently. Emotions are
information. Awareness of your emotional responses help empower one's
individuality. I try and assign a face to the emotion through my paintings.

http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al-nisr-portfolio/weekend-review/i-try-to-assign-a-face-to-emotion-1.1377699

Can you explain the thought process behind "The Incessant Ramblings of a
Yellow Kind"?