[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Very Interested in the Idea

kc visuald kcvisuald at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 01:49:31 UTC 2015

Hello Miss Lisa,

My name is Kevin, and I am an animator by trade. About eight months ago, my
retinitis pigmentosa rendered me legally blind, and I was trying to figure
out a way to solve "blind drawing" puzzle as well; granted, it sounds like
you've already done quite a bit of research regarding the matter.

I was talking to a friend of mine about somehow writing a program--which
also uses sound--that informs the artist about their location within a
composition; sadly, aside from using the "Rule of Thirds" as a guideline,
he and I haven't talked much about it since. I can still technically SEE
how to draw; however, my production pipeline has suffered significant
slowdown.

I'm not sure if this would also help, but there is a method of drawing
called Blind Contour which could maybe help inspire some ideas; however, in
order to create a successful composition, one still needs a relatively
functional set of eyes.

At any rate, thank you for contacting me about this wonderful idea. I would
be very interested in seeing this put into practice. Best of luck in making
this happen!

Sincerely,
Kevin

P.S.  Are you an artist as well? If so, then I'd definitely be interested
in seeing some of your work. Here's a link to my website:
kcvisuald.blogspot.com.