[Artists-making-art] Introduction from Jewel

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 17:07:12 UTC 2011

Hey Kistrell,
Former Scadian, actually...I fell off after losing my sight because 1)
no job, so no money for garb and such, and 2) I found it very hard to
participate in scadian activities as a blind person...there didn't
seem very many things I could do and I ended up sitting by the tent
bored.

I totally agree that it is discouraging how much art done by blind
artists is two-dimensional. I think the main exception is sculpting.
That's why I started doing the tactile art I work on now, in the hope
of creating something that, hanging on a wall, a blind person can skim
across and enjoy the beauty of it like a sighted person glances at a
painting hanging on the wall in the same manner.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/artists-making-art_nfbnet.org/bpollpet