[Artists-making-art] Polymer Clay Figurines

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 23:32:58 UTC 2014

Hi Ann, thanks for replying! I also find that doing parts then baking
is good. I  just did a sitting elephant that is holding a half dozen
red roses (for Valentine's Day). I did the six roses individually then
baked them. Meanwhile, I worked the body and baked that. Then I  made
and applied the trunk, with it wrapped around the six roses. It came
out quite nice. I also did a black bear holding a flower pot. I baked
the bear and the stem of the flower first, then put the stem in the
pot with clay around it and made the flower before baking it all
together. Hope that makes sense. Do you have any tool recommendations?
I have a rolling pin, a good knife, a Makins extractor with about 20
discs so far, and wax paper for covering the surface and any
partially-done figurines. I also have some V-day cookie cutters, and
plan to get more for other occasions.
~Jewel