[Artists-making-art] Resources for Tactile Art‏

Amber piratefish13 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:01:14 UTC 2014

      I just love the idea of art as a way to both beautify a space and make that space more accessible for others.  I am mostly a visual artist myself, but I have been getting into some more textural stuff lately.  This discussion got me thinking about braille dots, which made me think of this artist I love, who does a tweaked sort of pointillism, which (bear with me) got me to wondering if one could use the braille as a starting point for a sort of raised-dot painting.
     There are protectants that are designed to be removed so the piece of art can be cleaned, then the protectant reapplied.  Gloves are also a good idea.    I'm still experimenting with materials and ideas, (puff paint for fabrics makes some cool patterns, and it is meant to be cleaned.)...wish I had had something like this project done in my school!
     Also, a database of artists would be a great resource.
Hugs all,
Amber