[blindkid] Fwd: Once a rider, always a rider

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:14:50 UTC 2008

Oh Carol this is great--this is maybe the best use of a blind person in a
commercial I have seen...It shows such a typical reaction of the store clerk
being directed back to the blind person as the customer--and how many times
have you been with your older kid and someone tries to look at you for a
visual silent communicate? And the Harley store guy just accepts it
And goes on...I like it that the guy shows that blind people have the same
desires as anyone and can "find a way"...of course it isn't perfect, but it
seems realistic and humorous in a good way. We just need to keep getting us
out there in the biggest normal variety way we can. Thanks for sharing! Is
that the New Jersey LOTTO?

Did you catch that his jacket said "Born to be Blind"? For convention from
BLIND, Inc., we made up whole lyrics for the song melody Born to be Wild
into Born to be Blind and sang it several years--it was a staff, student,
and one of my sons' favorites--smile.

Carrie Gilmer, President
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind
NFB National Center: 410-659-9314
Home Phone: 763-784-8590
carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
www.nfb.org/nopbc