[blindkid] iTunes/Talking iPod

Penny McGuire pmcguire at knology.net
Mon Dec 8 08:02:08 UTC 2008

As parents of blind children, we are all truly amazed at how our kids figure
things out.  With that being said, we bought Chandler (10 years old with
slight CP on the right side) a Nano I Pod for Valentines thniking it would
be a great way to store all of her audiobooks.  To our surprise, she uses it
way more for music than stories!!!!  I bet she has over 300 songs on it and
some how with the clicks she can find EXACTLY what she is looking for
virtually with NO problems!!!!  Amazing!  She gets mad at her classmates who
put it on shuffle and so after showing her a time or two, she figured it
out!!!!!  With all that being said, keep in mind that your child may be fine
with a regular IPOD if you don't hear what you hope to about the talking
technology!!

Penny