[blindkid] Update on Kendra's line travel

Karen T. Cuellar kcuellar at swisd.net
Tue Dec 9 21:50:02 UTC 2008

Your link does not work

"NFBnet Blind Kid Mailing List,  (for parents of blind children)"
<blindkid at nfbnet.org> writes:
 I had posted earlier for suggestions on how my kindergarten-age daughter
could be taught to walk in line at school.  I wasn't thrilled with what
I had observed at school and had communicated my feelings to the
teachers and O&M instructor.  Her O&M instructor told me today that she
would follow the suggestions in the Modular Instruction for Independent
Travel book and start by teaching Kendra the pencil grip, as of now.  It
will also be written into her next IEP.  Here is a link to the book for
those who aren't familiar with it:
http://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/documents/pdf/Form_ModularInstruction_LSA8
0P.pdf.

Karen Cuellar