[blindkid] graded paper feedback

Andy & Sally Thomas andysally at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 23:53:23 UTC 2008

I've been thinking about the fact that my son's papers are graded with a red pen.  Comments are also in print.  I'm not sure that he is really taking in the fact that there is a connection between the work he does and the grade he receives.  He "gets it" in an obvious sense but not deep down.  I'm wondering if this is partially due to the fact that he doesn't get the feedback of seeing the red marks and the grade on the paper.  His teachers say that it is "age appropriate" that he's not too concerned about his grades.   Do any of your kids get tactile feedback about the problems they miss and/or the grades they get?  Is that a reasonable expectation?  I view it as one more thing that goes to his independence and taking personal responsibility for his work.

Sally Thomas