[blindkid] unreliability of low vision

Kasondra Payne Kassyp36 at msn.com
Thu Dec 11 01:27:20 UTC 2008

Rene,

I understand where you are coming from.  I have had some residual vision all
my life, and people treated me like I was the greatest thing in the world
because I could see something.  Everyone placed so much emphasis on what I
could see that little attention was paid to what I could learn through my
other senses.  I try not to emphasize what Andrew can see, but my family
like to point out what he can see more than I or the opposite.  Becky is to
tally blind, and I don't seem to have that same problem with her.  I get so
tired of people asking me what I can see.  Just my thoughts.

Kasondra Payne