[blindkid] Notetker and Digital player questions

Kasondra Payne Kassyp36 at msn.com
Sun Dec 21 23:53:28 UTC 2008

Carlton,

I am pretty partial to a PAC Mate because its commands more directly
correspond to Windows.  If your daughter is comfortable with Windows and
JAWS, she will adjust well to the PAC Mate.  I find it very easy to use, and
the Braille display is detachable, so it can be attached to any computer
with a USB cable.  I don't want to start an argument, but it works well and
its operating system is the same as many other devices because it's Windows
Mobile 6.  I love the qwerty keyboard because it is exactly like my laptop.
It is important that your daughter is excited about the device you choose
and that she is comfortable using it.  I have recommended a device that I
use and love, but you should really arrange for demonstrations of various
notetakers, so you can see which one she likes.  Good luck with your
decision.

Kasondra Payne