[blindkid] Crystal: My daughter is turning 5...

adoptn adoptn at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 02:03:36 UTC 2008

I would contact the national Foundation for the Blind.  Their website is http://www.nfb.org  I'd also contact the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children at http://www.nfb.org/nopbc   I live in Oregon, the Eugene area, so I don't know the services you have there.  The school for the blind in Salem, is mainly for multi-handicapped children...I don't know if that sounds like your child.  I advise that you go there and check it out.My 20 year old stayed in our local system.  Two other of my children who are blind, went to Salem, but they are severely handicapped.  Have you visited your school system?  Have you asked what services are available to your daughter?
Bye for now,
Gloria