[blindkid] cell phones for blind kids

landjwest at bellsouth.net landjwest at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 15 14:15:34 UTC 2008

Thats it! That is what it was called. Thank you so much! Laura
-------------- Original message from Tene Gibson <g_tene305 at yahoo.com>: --------------

Na'im requested a cell phone because older brother has one.  In times of emergency and to make him feel that he has control of contacting his parents without his brother's help or when he is away from family, we got him a Firefly phone.  It has five main buttons - mommy button, daddy button, call, and power on and off.  There is a 911 button - that he is not to touch.  There is address book that you control the numbers in it and that would require counting in sequence.  Ringtones can be changed to let him know who is calling him - be it me or his dad, or a friend.  It lights up as it rings and recharges.   Hope this