[blindkid] Cell phone for the blind

Jan Wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 01:58:50 UTC 2008

Hi,
I don't know about that phone.
But, you could easily customize a normal phone.
You could put people on voice call.
Most phones can be programed to accept voice commands.
Your daughter could push a button and say a name and the phone will call that person.
I don't know if T-mobile has them anymore, but they use to have phones that you could program in certain numbers and your child could not call any other number.
There are some phone-walkietalkie things that would allow your daughter to only talk to you and they are suppose to reach as far as a cell phone.
But, I think that they are pretty expensive.
I think that the easiest is to set up some voice commands in your phone.
OH, also, I know that AT&T has a service that allows you to store addresses on this automated system. It is called voice-connect.  You have to fill out an application and send a doctor's statement showing that your daughter is blind. It is regularly $5 per month. But,  that fee is waved after you have proven that your daughter is blind.

HTH.
Jan