[blindkid] When your child realizes she's different....(LoreleiClark)

Kasondra Payne Kassyp36 at msn.com
Tue Nov 18 20:40:01 UTC 2008

I went through that phase at about the same age.  I always knew that I
couldn't see as well as everybody else, and I got tired of everyone asking
how much I could see.  I didn't have a lot of blind role models when I was a
kid; I had peers and my grandfather.  I just wanted to go out and do
everything else everyone else did regardless of what sight I did or did not
have.  I am still that way today.  I love teaching people, but blindness is
not the only focus of my life.  I grew out of that phase of wondering why.
This is the way God made me, and that is that.  It is my job to go and be
the best person I can.

Kasondra Payne