[blindkid] kids away from home

H. Field missheather at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 05:53:29 UTC 2008

Dear Sally,
Not yet allowed to go to church retreats? Are you being too cautious?

YES!!!

That's the perfect place for him to learn that being too independent
can get us left, for example, in the din-hall while everyone else goes
to the first activity. Or, conversely, getting left in the gymn while
everyone goes to the dining-hall.

Your son is ready to enjoy church retreats and this is the time when
he can make friends without all the added nonsense that goes along
with high school.

Now, you wouldn't expect me to say anything else would you Sally? :)
Please have him e-mail me and tell me what he thinks of his first
church retreat or youth group lock-in.

Love to you and David.

Heather Field