[blindkid] Identify yourself please

Andy & Sally Thomas andysally at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 20:37:31 UTC 2008

Of course there is no perfect answer.  I've been trying to get my son to
reply when kids say hi and to ask for a name when he doesn't know the voice
and to remind other kids to tell him their name when they greet him.  One
day we were shopping and a kid came up and said, "hi, David." I asked the
child to identify himself and David said, "Mom, that's Michael." Show's you
how much I know.  So I try to remind him when others aren't around and he's
getting better at managing it himself.  Maybe to save himself the
embarrassment of parental input!

Sally Thomas