[blindkid] buying a scientific calculator

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:15:25 UTC 2008

Hi Mindy,
There is one on the BrailleNote. Also check out www.blindscience.org, ask
Dave Andrews (dandrews at visi.com) to post your request to the student,
teacher and the math lists as well. Also try Susan Osterhaus (spelling of
last name may be off) from Texas School for the Blind and also their
website--they (she) are very good on math stuff. If he needs graphing, the
mathtrax software might be good at this level (find at blind science). The
audible graphing calculator software I have found very difficult to learn to
use without expert help (for the upper level math like Algebra 2), but I
know of a couple people who can help, one is on the teacher list the other
is Susan. That is my 2 cents-smile.

Carrie Gilmer, President
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind
NFB National Center: 410-659-9314
Home Phone: 763-784-8590
carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
www.nfb.org/nopbc