[blindkid] looking for books

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Sat Aug 22 23:23:54 UTC 2009

Hi Jan,

I am pretty sure that none of these are book titles.  Perhaps the
parent heard about them and thought they were books.

Parent Power is a segment we do at the Parents Seminar at National
Convention.  Joe Larsen (used to be a POBC prez in one of the western
states) might have been a speaker one year.  Perhaps there his talk
was written up in Future Reflections.  The parent could do a search
on nfb.org.

There are many articles by Joe Cutter in Future Reflections--again,
he/she could do a search--and also on the POBC-NJ website, blindchildren.org.

Doris Willoughby has written three books, two with Sharon
Duffy/Monthei.  Again, those still in print are available on the nfb
website.  The titles are Handbook for Itinerant and Resource Teachers
of Blind and Visually Impaired Children, Modular Instruction for
Independent Travel, and A Resource Guide for Parents and Educators of
Blind Children (no longer in print, I think).

Hope this helps.

Carol