[blindkid] PSAT

Valerie Perry vpbraille at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 05:05:34 UTC 2009

Response to a post that was posted in Sept :

At the time (3-4 yrs ago I'd have to look up)our daughter took the tests.
She was not allow to take it prior to everyone else but was allowed to split
into two days if needed. We ordered a Braille and large print copy for the
proctor and  if the braille had errors (which they do) she could read it
under CCTV. This was also good for the math portion. We also requested, as
part of accommodations, that she be allowed to write her answers on an index
card because we knew in advance that the proctor had a hearing impairment.
This way we hoped to minimize inaccurate bubbling of her answers by the
proctor. This is a method she continues to utilized in college and reports
it has comes in handy for the proctor to proof their work.

Valerie