[blindkid] teacher gifts?

Carly B barnesraiser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:05:07 UTC 2009

>There are a couple of books that may be helpful, too--Guidelines and
>Games for Efficient Braille Reading (an oldie but goodie) and
>Beginning with Braille (both AFB Press) and the Bridge to Braille (NFB).

This got me thinking: would any of these make good gifts for my son's
Braille teacher? Or does anyone have any other ideas? I always like to give
a smallish gift to my sons' teachers about this time. Sometimes it's just a
gift card to the local teacher store, sometimes it's to a local nursery
(though that makes a nicer gift at the end of school). Any suggestions
greatly appreciated! :)

And thanks, Carol, for the book ideas above. I have the last two but had not
heard of the first and am ordering it for myself for Christmas! :) (I found
it for about $29 at Amazon and $25 directly from AFB... just a word to the
wise! :)

Merry Christmas all!

:) Carolynn Barnes