[blindkid] music at convention

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 8 22:13:07 UTC 2009

Good afternoon everyone,

    There was an effort made to organize a band for the march for
independence in Atlanta. Will 2009 be the year we pull it off?

    I have an article here about a music-related event that used to occur
between several schools for the blind in the 1970s which was a wonderful
experience for those of us who participated. If the NFB were to find a way
to resurrect this "Music Festival" it would be a wonderful thing for today's
blind youth. And as we all know when the NFB does something it does it in a
big way!

Peter Donahue