[blindkid] RFB&D fundraising

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Sat Feb 14 23:21:26 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I recently received the RFB&D "Family News" in the mail.  In their
appeal for "a generous gift," they give a few real life
stories.  Here's a quote from the story on the front page:

"Then came school.  Cooper was aware of the sighted kids, running and
playing and doing their schoolwork independently.  He sometimes felt
isolated.  But he was always able to keep up--until the third
grade.  Cooper tried his hardest to read his books in Braille.  But
it was very difficult, and it took him a long time.  But the end of
the year, he had to miss a special class field trip because he had
not met his reading requirements."

OY!  Stuff like that makes me so aggravated!

Carol