[blindkid] Spanish & Foreign Language Braille

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 15 16:44:13 UTC 2009

Good Morning Everyone,

I recently formalized an article on foreign language braille, written from a
parent's perspective.

It is a little long, but informationally dense.

Included is a section that explains how you or your kids can easily access
the WINDOWS foreign language keyboard options on a laptop or desktop
computer so that type in virtually any language using the QWERTY keyboard.

I opted to publish this using the new web-based "Google Knol" format since
websites & links change so frequently & the neat thing about a Google Knol
is that it can easily be modified & updated.

I have been working on it this a little bit at a time for just over 4 years.

The article can be viewed at
http://knol.google.com/k/eric-vasiliauskas-md-drv/enriching-your-blind-childs-life-via/2fo8us37li3cv/1#
or you can go to http://knol.google.com/k & type "braille" into the search
box.

If you have any additional suggestions, please feel free to let me know & I
will try to incorporate suggestions as time permits.

Also feel free to link or share this resource with other educators or anyone
you feel may be interested in the information.

Respectfully,

Eric V

PS: Web Browser Quirks: For some reason, the article is best viewed with
Safari; Firefox may cut off the bottom portion of the article where
resources are listed, & the full width of the text is not always viewable
with Internet Explorer.