[blindkid] RFB&D fundraising

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 15 22:50:15 UTC 2009

Hello Michelle and listers,

    Our issues are not with Cooper himself. Rather the concern is with
agencies like RFB&D that put out dribble and negative publicity that tends
to portray teenagers like Cooper the very opposite of what you described.
I'm glad to hear that he's a fluant Braille user. Why aren't his parents and
the school system insisting that his textbooks continue to be available to
him in Braille instead of  recorded format? It's that kind of ignorance that
gives agencies for the blind the opportunities to do their dirty work. If
you know him how about encouraging him to attend the NFB Youth SLAM this
summer? Now to eat supper.

Peter Donahue