[blindkid] Rehabilitation services

Dr. S. Merchant smerchant at vetmed.lsu.edu
Wed Jan 7 13:21:20 UTC 2009

Thanks for the information.  I will warn you (as I was warned - and perhaps
you already know) that whatever career/goals are set at these meetings will
determine what type of technology rehab will be willing to pay for.
Unfortunately, in some cases, families are talked into writing "lower"
expectations - teacher's aide instead of teacher and then technology would
more likely be denied if not needed to fulfill the goals of becoming a
teacher's aide

Thanks again

Sandy