[blindkid] Compass Suggestions

Mark Feliz felizfamily5 at msn.com
Wed Jan 21 02:02:55 UTC 2009

Hello Eric:

I have utilized a braille compass since junior high school and continue to
do so at present. Although I have great orientation I always carry my
compass in my pocket. Since junior high till now I have had to need to
purchase two. I find that a braille compass is much more reliable in all
types of situations--noisy, quiet, light rain, dusty, very dirty,
wilderness, rocky... If your child tends to accidentally move the dial while
taking a reading make sure the lid is completely open. If the dial continues
to move more easily than you think it should then perhaps the compass itself
is defective.

Oh, by the way, I didn't give my age but I have gone to high school,
graduated from the University, married, have young adult children. So you
can see, I have utilized a braille compass for a very long time.

Happy camping!

Mark Feliz

HAPPY DOTS BRAILLE SERVICES

First Vice-PRESIDENT, NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF ARIZONA
EAST VALLEY CHAPTER

1038 WEST HILLVIEW STREET
MESA, ARIZONA  85201

VOICE: 480-890-8943