[blindkid] Intelligence testing

Joy Orton ortonsmom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 06:22:14 UTC 2009

Dear Lorelei,
We looked into intelligence testing for our daughter a couple of years ago.
The short answer is, there is no "good" test. It is important to look at the
student as a whole. We used some parts of tests, plus teacher and parent
observations and questionnaires. The Frances A Karnes center at the
University of Southern Mississippi has a good document you may want to look
at. Here are two links.

http://www.usm.edu/gifted/gifted_research.html
http://www.usm.edu/gifted/gifted_research/Characteristics%20of%20Gifted%20visually%20impaired.pdf

Hope this helps.